ARE YOU INTERESTED FOR EXCHANGE MOBILITY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SARAJEVO?
An exchange staff can be defined as a person doing a short/limited period of teaching or training abroad (in the framework of ongoing work at the home institution). This mobility increases one’s linguistic and social skills and well as the maturity, confidence and self-esteem. Having an International experience has a positive impact in your future career and it’s a mind opened for an increasingly global world. Exchange is usually done through the implementation of different mobility programs (i.e. Erasmus+, CEEPUS, Mevlana, International Visegrad Fund, DAAD, Fulbright, programs supported by government through their embassies in the host countries, university, national or regional funds, or self-financed mobility).
In any case, you can apply to the University of Sarajevo as an exchange staff member if:
- there is a valid student exchange agreement between your home university and the University of Sarajevo, and
- you have been nominated by your home university.
WHEN TO COME?
- Academic staff (teachers): mobility dates are agreed with the host faculty coordinators in accordance with the timetable of classes performed at the University of Sarajevo.
- Administrative staff: mobility dates are agreed individually or are part of the training program (i.e. staff week)
Nomination and application dates:
For Winter semester (September – February)
- Nomination done by your home International Relations office by 15 May
- Application documents sent by incoming student/staff by 30 May
For Summer semester (February – July)
- Nomination done by your home International Relations office: 15 November
- Application documents sent by incoming student/staff: 30 November
NOTE: Staff members do have flexibility in their mobility dates so they can be nominated outside the given deadlines for justified reasons.
HOW TO APPLY?
Staff interested in doing an mobility for teaching/training at the University of Sarajevo (UNSA) must:
- ask your home coordinators for mobility possibilities to the University of Sarajevo
- check the academic offer of the University of Sarajevo (for academic staff) or events such as Staff week or Scholarship fair (for administrative staff)
- apply to your home university call for mobility in accordance to the regulations;
- be nominated by home coordinator to the University of Sarajevo’s International Relations Office
You home university needs to send us:
- candidate’s data (name, surname, study field, type of mobility, email, and preferably mobility agreement)
- application documents (see below)
Individual applications (before official nomination made by home university) are not acceptable.
After official nomination from your home university, if we do not receive your documents in the nomination procedure, you will be contacted by our office to send needed documents by given deadlines (above). Instructions on how to prepare and fill in these documents are given here.
When you collect and fill in needed documents as explained in instructions, please send your documents to the following e-mails: email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org by given deadlines (above).
Duration is usually agreed with the host coordinators. If applying through international mobility programs (i.e. Erasmus+, Mevlana, Ceepus, etc.) staff can apply for 7-10 days (excluding travel dates). Maximum is 1-2 months.
PROOF OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
UNSA presumes that nominated staff has a high level of knowledge of English language and it does not require any certification, especially since it is expected that nominated staff is capable to deliver presentation and actively participate in different events at UNSA.
MOBILITY AGREEMENT AND CHANGES (for staff)
It’s a form provided by the sending institution, which must be filled in by computer and properly signed and stamped by the home institution.
Depending on the type of mobility, nominated staff should fill it in accordance with:
- teaching: all information about offered study programmes, courses and administration are available at http://www.erasmus.unsa.ba/academic_offer/. You can also find contact details of your possible host.
- training: UNSA organizes several events during the academic year. We recommend to visit us during our International Staff Training Week and Scholarship Fair as a great way of promoting your university and possibilities for mobility.
Whether you are academic or administrative staff, you can communicate with our office to determine possible mobility activities.
RESPOND AND RESULTS
After your official nomination and application, we will forward your profile with documents to the host institution of the University of Sarajevo to the responsible coordinators. They will bring decision based on the information provided in the application documents. You should receive your respond in duration of 2-4 weeks. You will be informed whether your nomination is accepted or declined.
Documents that prove the acceptance of the students/staff at UNSA:
- Acceptance email – sent by UNSA proving that the staff was accepted;
- Mobility Agreement approved by UNSA – after signed and stamped by the Departmental Coordinator, Mobility Agreement is sent by e-mail to the nominee.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
You need to bring all of your print documents about your mobility:
- Mobility Agreement
- Travel documents (tickets, boarding passes)
You will sing confirmation of arrival that will be sent to your home university as a proof of start of your mobility. Some universities have their own form of confirmation of arrival. Make sure you bring it with you if that case.
Private accommodation is available through different webpages:
HOW TO ARRIVE?
International Airport Sarajevo is located in the city of Sarajevo, 12 km away from the center and offers variety of flight connections to this city (web: http://www.sarajevo-airport.ba/?lang=eng). Note: there is bus line named Aerodrom – Baščaršija that connects Airport to the City center (time table). Additional transport would be a taxi. Estimated charge should be our 10-12 EURO. Be careful when taking a taxi, make sure driver has his/her taxi-meter on.
Train station is placed in the centre of the city, and further transport from the station to your accommodation place is by Tram (no.1) to the East and Tram (no.4) to the West).
Bus station is placed in the centre of the city (same as train station), and further transport from the station to your accommodation place is by Tram (no.1) to the East and Tram (no.4) to the West).
VISA AND RESIDENCE PERMIT
Note: Citizens of the European Union Member States do not require visa for entrance to Bosnia and Herzegovina. For others, please communicate with the Embassy of Bosnia and Herzegovina in your country.
Contacts of the Central International Relations office or contact persons for your study programmes are given here.
BEFORE RETURNING HOME
Before returning home you need to have the following documents:
- Confirmation of departure – issued by UNSA with the respective mobility dates proving that the staff member completed the mobility program.
More about obligation before, during and after mobility are given at: http://www.erasmus.unsa.ba/academic-information/.